5 Ways to Refresh Your Beauty Routine
Spring cleaning doesn't have to be limited to the garage and wardrobe--your makeup bag deserves a beauty overhaul, too. Warmer weather means transitioning to a lighter and fresher beauty routine. We've got 5 simple tips for rebooting your regimen.
1. Use highlighter. They may not be on your beauty priority list, but highlighters and luminizers are a great alternative to heavy foundations because they conceal redness and hyper-pigmentation. Dab it on places that catch the light (think cheekbones, collarbone) for natural luminosity.
2. Try a new perfume. Even our signature eau de parfums can get musty after months of use. Check out all the new summer scents. A clean, fruity body mist can give a scent that's seasonally appropriate.
3. Double your sun protection. We're always SPF advocates, but the summer months call for doubling our dosage. Haven't tried Susan Posnick's new Brush On Block? The SPF 30 custom-blend is way too easy (and protective!) not to consider. Simply sweep it on and you're set to go.
4. Swap your lipcolor for lighter tones or gloss. We love rich, dark lipcolor, but consider lightening up for summer. Give shiny glosses, nude tones, or lustrous lipstains in spring's pink palettes a try.
5. Commit to one healthy lifestyle change. This may go beyond the barriers of our makeup bags, but health and beauty are one in the same. If you know you don't get those 8 glasses of water a day, why not try it now? If you're sick of breaking out--and buying yet another 'miracle cream' at the drugstore--incorporate omega-3-rich oils, blueberries, salmon, and nuts into your diet. When health and beauty woes intersect, making a lifestyle change might be the perfect addition to your daily routine.